Steven Patton is an experienced attorney with an incredible trial record and an impeccable reputation in the City of Philadelphia’s legal community. At McMonagle Perri, he focuses his practice on the litigation of personal injury matters, criminal defense, and the representation of Fraternal Order of Police union members.
Mr. Patton joined the firm from the Philadelphia District Attorney’s Office, where he was the youngest prosecutor ever to be appointed to the Homicide Unit. There, he prosecuted cases ranging from manslaughter to first degree murder. In the Homicide Unit, he also oversaw the investigation, charging, and prosecution of all vehicular homicide cases in Philadelphia.
He has also tried to verdict numerous cases involving aggravated assault, drug offenses, firearm possession, robbery, sexual assault, and DUI. He is experienced in evaluating evidence in forensic toxicology, accident reconstruction, ballistics, gunshot residue, DNA, and historic cellular site analysis.
He is an Adjunct Professor at Villanova University School of Law where he instructs law students in trial advocacy and evidence as the Director of the National Trial Team.
- Two-Time National Finalist, American Bar Association Trial Competition (San Francisco, CA and New Orleans, LA)
- Recipient of the Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association James J. Manderino Award for Trial Advocacy and the International Academy of Trial Lawyers Award for Advocacy
- Roman Catholic High School, Executive Committee Member of the Board of Trustees; inductee into the school’s “125 People of Distinction.”
- Villanova University School of Law, J.D., (2015)
- LaSalle University, B.A., magna cum laude, (2012)
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania