Steven Patton is an experienced attorney with an incredible trial record and an impeccable reputation in the City of Philadelphia’s legal community. At McMonagle Perri, his practice focuses on the litigation of personal injury and criminal defense cases. He regularly handles cases involving catastrophically injured victims, complex investigations, and high-profile criminal defense matters.
Mr. Patton joined the firm from the Philadelphia District Attorney’s Office, where he was then the youngest prosecutor ever appointed to the Homicide Unit. He prosecuted cases ranging from manslaughter to first degree murder and oversaw the investigation, charging, and prosecution of all vehicular homicide cases in Philadelphia. As an Assistant District Attorney, he also tried to jury verdict numerous cases including aggravated assault, drug offenses, firearm possession, robbery, and DUI.
He has remained actively involved in trial advocacy education, serving as an Adjunct Professor at Villanova University School of Law, where he instructs law students in trial advocacy and evidence as the Director of the National Trial Team. He also coaches the mock trial team at Roman Catholic High School in center city Philadelphia.
- Two-Time National Finalist, American Bar Association Trial Competition (San Francisco, CA and New Orleans, LA)
- Recipient of the Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association James J. Manderino Award
- Recipient of the International Academy of Trial Lawyers Award
- Roman Catholic High School, Executive Committee Member of the Board of Trustees; inductee into the school’s “125 People of Distinction”
- Villanova University School of Law, J.D.
- LaSalle University, B.A., magna cum laude
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania