Steven B. Patton is an experienced attorney with an incredible trial record and an impeccable reputation in the City of Philadelphia’s legal community. Steve joins McMonagle Perri to assist in the firm’s litigation of Personal Injury cases and in the representation of Fraternal Order of Police union members.
Mr. Patton joined the firm from the Philadelphia District Attorney’s Office, where he was the youngest prosecutor to be appointed to the Homicide Unit. There, he oversaw the investigation, charging, and prosecution of all homicide by vehicle cases citywide. He also prosecuted cases ranging from manslaughter to first degree murder. He is experienced in evaluating and presenting evidence in the areas of forensic toxicology, accident reconstruction, ballistics, gunshot residue, DNA, and historic cellular site analysis.
He also worked in the Major Trial, Felony Waiver, Juvenile, and Municipal Court Units. There, he tried over 100 felony cases to verdict as the lead prosecutor in bench and jury trials. He also prosecuted cases including attempted murder, aggravated assault, drug and firearms offenses, carjacking, and home invasion robberies.
He also serves as an Adjunct Professor at the Villanova University Charles Widger School of Law where he instructs students in trial advocacy and evidence as the director of the National Trial Team.
- Villanova University: National Trial Team Chairperson; Director of External Competition, Moot Court Board; Advanced Trial Advocacy Teaching Assistant; recipient of Philadelphia Trial Lawyers’ Association James J. Manderino Award for Trial Advocacy and International Academy of Trial Lawyers Award for Advocacy; National finalist, American Bar Association Trial Competitions in San Francisco, CA and New Orleans, LA; Best Brief and Semi-Finalist, National Moot Court Competition, Baltimore, MD
- LaSalle University: Mock Trial Team Co-Founder
- Roman Catholic High School, Mock Trial Team Coach, Executive Committee Member of the Board of Trustees and inducted into the schools “125 People of Distinction.”
- Villanova University School of Law, J.D., (2015)
- LaSalle University, B.A., magna cum laude, (2012)
- Pennsylvania, 2015